I am a little late sharing my Friday Favorites today. We have had a rough week with Lola getting her tonsils and adenoids removed. Just as everyone said (I hoped would skip Lola) day 7 and 8 were the worst and nights are the hardest. But we are on the up swing and this morning she ate a pumpkin pancake and drank a lot and I started to tear up! Such a blessing to have healthy kids. I cant even imagine a terminally ill child, my heart breaks for those going through such experiences.
I did want to share some of favorite things from the past week. Including a little more about us at the end of the post and why we moved to CT from UT.
Lola was around me all week and I loved her sweet spirit home with me, just sad she was in so much pain.
- I loved THIS bathroom remodel. It is amazing transformation!
- I fell in love with THIS rug that she used in that bathroom. Trying to decide where I can use it!
- Speaking of bathrooms. THIS bathroom remodel was just so charming too. It is timeless, the size reminds me of our tiny bathroom I shared on Tuesday HERE.
- And one more bathroom I spotted this week HERE. Loved the shower door on this one.
- I am really into this seasoning from Trader Joes called Everything Bagel. Have you tried it? I added it to soup last night and it was so tasty. We season our chicken with it and my friend said she loves it on eggs.
- I bought THIS blanket at Target yesterday, I wasn’t there looking for it, it found me:) seriously I had to get something for my daughter and I could’t leave without it! Love the tassels on the ends and the price! I am going to put it on my bed.
- Mothers Day is this weekend. I have to admit I am a little bummed my husband will be out of town and I won’t get to see my mom. But I am SO thankful I am a mother, I know it is a gift that not all will get to experience in this life. With that being said I am going to make sure it is an easy, fun day. I want to make THIS Paleo Chia Seed Pudding recipe so it will just be ready when we wake up. If you want to try another overnight easy recipe check out THIS overnight french toast, seriously the best recipe!
- A couple of weeks ago we had family pictures taken by Laura Barr Photography She is so talented and such a sweet person to have taking your pictures. I thought I would share them here and a little bit more about us, because my family is my most favorite thing!
We have been living in Connecticut for almost three years. It has really flown by. We moved from Utah for my husbands job. He was working with Real Salt Lake Soccer, an MLS soccer team as their Assistant Athletic Trainer. He was offered the position as the head Athletic Trainer for the new MLS team in New York called NYCFC. We decided it would be a great experience for our entire family and a good career move for my husband. Now you know what we spend our weekends doing…all about soccer. It has been fun because his team is playing their games in the Yankee Stadium, while their new stadium is in the works.
I was working at a high-end design firm as the store manager and buyer. I had been there for 15 years. I loved it so much but was excited at the opportunity to stay home with my kids. I have to say how grateful I am for this experience of living on the East Coast and being home with my babes (I will have to share on another post all I have learned from it).
We really took our time deciding if the move was right for us. So in the end we said yes to the move. And downsized from 3000 square feet to 1100 square feet. Connecticut is an expensive place to live! And we chose location over square footage and have been so happy with the decision.
I can remember I came across this talk that spoke directly to me. I had been praying for a confirmation that what we were doing was right and it came to me in that talk.
“We are not here in this life to waste our time, grown old and die. God wants us to grow and achieve our potential. Just because things are going well does not mean that we should not from time to time consider whether there might be something better.” Carlos A. Godoy
Wishing you all a Happy Mother’s Day Weekend!