We finally did it. I hate to admit how many hours I probably spend scrolling thru different rug options. You know, the jute rug, the “throw-up rug” poor Finn got sick on it and I ruined it trying to clean it. I was just going to order the same rug again but Kevin informed me the jute rug wasn’t his favorite (WHAT??) and wanted one with “more color”. Honestly I really like that he said that. I think it’t cute that he likes the color in our home and cares about his surroundings. He really liked the one we had in here originally (the navy one) but I didn’t love the navy right off of the black kitchen floor. So we compromised on one. And we are both happy with it!
As I said I was wasting time, actually I take that back, I don’t consider it wasting. It was studying! I am a walking rug reference now. You know how you see Ad’s on most blogs or sites you look at. Well THIS Moyer Indoor Pink Area Rug kept popping up across the top of my computer and every time I stopped and looked at it. Loving it and finally clicked on it. I found it on one website then I found it cheaper HERE! Done. Very affordable rug. We also went up to a 7×9 instead of a 6×9 because the next size was a 5×8 and that would have been too small. I really like the bigger 7×9, it makes the room feel larger!
Find tips on how to pick the right size rug for your room HERE.
I was resisting doing too much pink but Kevin had picked out a couple of pink rugs too. And why would I resist pink? I really don’t have as much pink as I was thinking I did (just piano, accent pillows and vase).
I personally wasn’t ready to ditch the jute rug completely. It is a favorite of mine. I ordered it in a 3×5 to put by our front door and I love it there! (Find it HERE on sale). You can see the rugs I was looking at HERE and the tips I got on how to clean a Jute Rug!
Other Favorites from the week-
- We are close to finishing up our exterior! Can’t wait to share it. We are on the fence about adding shutters. I just love the idea of not being locked into a color. We could paint our door any color and not have to change out the shutters! Also if we do add shutters I want them to be the kind that would be able to cover the entire window. So I am looking into that. (A reader sent me THIS photo below, no shutters but major charm!).
- I haven’t told Kevin this….but he did bring it up a little bit ago. I want to paint our playhouse/swing set….thinking the same gray as the deck (or a gray stain) or white?? Thoughts? Below is what white would look like with our green slide from @kristenkrason
- Ordered my favorite flat iron again on sale HERE. My original one was stolen out of my luggage at the airport. So I just got a replacement off brand and should have just got my favorite again. Lesson learned, it just didn’t work the same!
- Target still has their Outdoor Sale. I couldn’t resist buying one of THESE poufs to put under our outdoor coffee table for extra seating. They still have a lot of Outdoor Items on Sale that I featured on THIS blog post!
- A favorite Nester Share– @sunnycirclestudio did my Magic Light Trick! She used THESE lights and it looks so great. Sharing more of my favorites over on Instagram too!
Last night I went LIVE over in our Facebook Group! We spent an hour answering your design questions about outdoors! If you are wanting some design advice for FREE and to connect with others who are interested in all the things I share here then make sure to join! Information HERE.
Have a wonderful weekend and Mothers Day!