I have shared these brownies before, this time I have a printable! They are hands-down our families favorite brownies. Bonus they are gluten-free and paleo (if you leave off the little heart cookie!). Basically 3 core ingredients, which all of them are always on-hand at our home! Ella can make these on her own, so we have them regularly. And my mom who is known to say “is this paleo?” before she even has a bite, wanting to judge what it will tastes like…loves them!
Around Valentines we grab a box of the heart cookies from Trader Joe’s and add the little cookie to the brownie right after they come out of the oven. They look super cute and festive!
Paleo and Gluten-Free Almond Butter Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocconut plam sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a small baking dish- 8×8 or around 9x5
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chunks until smooth
- Fold in chocolate chunks and pour batter into pan
- Bake brownies until golden brown- for about 17-20 minutes- watch them close
- Optional- Top with mini hearts or leave as is
- Cool brownies for at least 10 mins before cutting
- Tip- use a plastic knife to cut brownies for a smooth cut
I recommend baking them in a 8×8 or I typically bake them in TWO of these 9×5 loaf pan from this set.