I pulled together our guest room in time for Kevin’s dad, step mom and younger brother (who is Lola’s age) to come and stay a couple weekends ago. They came again this past weekend, they live about 4 hours away and we love having them. We know we will have lots of guests in the future! I put together a design plan for this room and I am very excited to get it started!
I used what I had to make their guest room cozy and welcoming for now. While I had essentials for them and a good base, it needed to be pulled together. I had ordered this rug awhile ago, because I liked it. But I broke my rule and bought something before I had a plan! I don’t love it in here because I don’t plan to use that blue color anywhere really. I will find a good use of the rug.
Guests really don’t care what the room looks like, just as long as it is a comfortable place to sleep! They did rave about the mattress, both of them said how comfortable it was. We have the same mattress on our bed! I will keep most of the bedding for the new design plan.
A floor mirror is essential in a guest room! We stayed at an Airbnb without one and we all kept searching for it.
The brick is original to the house, we painted it white before we moved in. I am wanting to add board and batten or shiplap to about 3/4 of the wall, then do wallpaper on the top 1/4! Thinking of painting the walls a gray color. I still need to get a paint sample to see what color, but considering Kendall Charcoal or Gray Owl.
This is the concept for the walls! Love this room from @rebeccaandgenevieve
GUEST ROOM PLANS-
- Flush Mount Flower– we have this already and love the pop or black and whimsy
- Wallpaper– same wallpaper as our half bath by our “plantry”
- Floor Mirror–leaning floor mirror is finished in a whitewash
- Linen Roman Shades– these are lined for privacy and cordless
- Folding Wood Luggage Rack– nice touch to have for guests
- Nightstand– rustic design and sturdy, and a better height than the yellow dresser
- Table Lamp–love this lamp, I have it on our entry also!
- Woven Leather Bed–this was in our bedroom in Connecticut and has held up so well!
- Gingham Gray Rug– finding the right rug has been the hardest part! I like how this one is casual, fun and pulls in the gray in the rest of the house.
- Daybed– we bought this daybed over a year ago and unfortunately it has gone up in price. It is a gorgeous piece of furniture, heavy and solid, comes assembled. It also includes the tufted mattress.
- Bernardo Spindle Daybed– $1100 mattress sold separately (gray, black or white)
- Cane Daybed– $829 mattress sold separately
- Rattan Daybed– $599 mattress sold separately
- Jenny Lind Daybed– $699 mattress sold separately (white or black)
- Daybed with mattress- $3999 comes assembled and with mattress
WORLD MARKET FAVORITES-
- Floor Mirror-leaning floor mirror
- Natural Hyacinth Noelle II Tote Basket– I see cute plants (or blankets) finding a home in these baskets
- Sorbet Pastel By Amira Rahim Framed Canvas Wall Art– love this art!
- Round Natural Rattan Plant Stand– use for plants or an extra little side table
- Round Flower Pillow– ordered this cute pillow for one of the girls bedrooms
- Feather Filled Brynn Swivel Chair– we have 4 of these chairs and love them!
- Matte Teal Ceramic Geo Planter– cutie planters with pops of color!
- Matte Ochre Ceramic Arch Planter With Tray– cutie planters with pops of color!
- Natural Wood Nesting Measuring Cup Set– I like to buy cute items like these for my open shelves
- Mason Cash Cream In The Forest Batter Bowl– we have this on our kitchen open shelves.
- Mason Cash Powder Pink Color Mix Mixing Bowl–so cute! and pink!
Looking forward to sharing more of the guest room!