Yep- PUMPKIN! It has started. Well actually it never left this house. I am sure most of you know this EASY recipe. But maybe not or maybe you have forgotten it. My favorite pumpkin cookie recipe. These pumpkin cookies only take three ingredients if you count the chocolate chips. You can make them smaller for a low-calorie sweet treat and to get more out of them!
EASY PUMPKIN COOKIE RECIPE-
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz. Can of Pumpkin Purée
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Mix everything all together until well blended
- Use a cookie scoop to place large scoops onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes
- That't it!
- *You do not make the cake mix, just use the dry mix
- *Also I let the cookies sit out over night THEN I put in a Tupperware or glass container. Otherwise they get kind of mushy. You can even store in the fridge to avoid them getting mushy.
- *You can sub the spice cake mix with carrot mix too or even chocolate cake mix
I love a show stopping entry. If your stairs are right when you walk in your front door then a funky or bold runner is a great solution to your stairs. Our stairs are right when you walk in our home. We actually have a stripe runner on the stairs now, but they were installed poorly. The stripes are crooked and really don’t look that good. So that brings me to my first Friday Favorites- Stair Runners….
Now aren’t those ALL so fun? I ordered some samples from Annie Selke to try on our stairs. Below is a picture with all the samples out. I think that is a really good design tip…order samples! From carpet, rugs, wallpaper and fabric you can typically request a sample. And it really helps to try it in your space.
- What do you think of these rugs? I am leaning towards THIS black and white stripe. I thought I would do the navy, but I like the bold white and black! What do you think?
- I am drawn to black and white more and more. And THIS skirt for $17? Black and white, pleated and long for fall. YES, easy addition to the Fall wardrobe.
- THIS Black and white check plaid shirt is another time capsule type of shirt that everyone needs!
- If I had to survive on one food it would be Chips & Salsa… I guess that it two foods. Is this you too? Do you have a soul sister who you eat them with? Well you need THIS shirt for her and get one for you!
Oh and I thought I would remind you that the stairs are right off this room and the front door. I do kind of mix black and navy and I think it works. So I wouldn’t mind the black stripe off the navy front door. That was my favorite quote from the week. I talked about it over on my Instagram. But worth mentioning here, because the more I see it the more it might stick! “Done is better than perfect.” The ironic thing is my daughter started crying and getting frustrated while she was lettering this quote on our new Letterboard. She said “what if it doesn’t look good? what if I mess up”. We have the same struggles with homework and especially math. She just won’t start or she gets worked up that she will do it wrong before she starts. So for this new school year this quote is going to be our mantra! It is better to start and get it done then never do it at all. Believe me I struggle with this too. I can get in my head thinking why blog about this or why share this picture? It is not perfect and there are others who can do it WAY better than I can. It is so much better to DO IT then get concerned with being perfect. Because there is no perfect and doing something is the perfect. (Find my Letterboard HERE and my blog post all about my favorite Letterboard Quotes HERE).
Ask A Designer-
I wanted to answer a subscriber question on chandeliers. A surprisingly great source for inexpensive chandeliers is Amazon! You have to do some searching but good ones can be found.