I have been getting asked a lot lately where I find all of my artwork. I actually have a blog post with 5 different ways that I collect unique art and a story about one of my favorite paintings. The more personal you can make selecting artwork the better. I talked on a blog post how some art can make your home look cheap. That does not relate to the price you paid. It is more about how you go about selecting the art for your home. You could pick art because of the colors (which I do pay attention to) or you could pick artwork because it provokes a memory or emotion. Just be selective and thoughtful about it, rather than running to your local home shop because you feel that one spot on your wall needs something. For Friday Favorites I am sharing a favorite source for artwork, outdoor pieces and a mix of other favorites from the week! Also adding a new feature- sharing a “Nester” favorite photo from one of you!
Below are 4 different places to find art and you can head HERE to find examples of each of the ideas-
#1- Local Artists- search on social media or local art markets or fairs
#2- Etsy and Small Businesses
#3- Make something yourself or commission a child
#4- Second Hand Shops
Minted is having a sale right now! I rarely if ever have seen a sale on their site. I really like Minted because they have limited edition pieces that you won’t see mass produced, they feel more one-of-a-kind. Favorite frame from Minted are any of the colors in the thin specialty frames. My tip for picking out a piece of art is to look for art that ties itself back to you. For instance the “mothers embrace” reminds me of a photo that was taken of myself holding Ella when she was a newborn, it stirs up those new mother feelings. The large bull reminds me of Utah, my home state. The peach, palm trees I picked for above our bed because it felt light and went with my bedding colors and it is one I kept going back to over and over.
I pulled together pieces of art I have from Minted and some of my favorites below-
Favorite Outdoor Finds this week-
I had a couple of client projects I was finishing up (I am not currently taking on any new). So I was doing a lot of online shopping, two plans were for outdoor spaces. Several pieces from World Market caught my eye!
- THIS Umbrella with the fringe??
- Also THIS mosaic tile looking black and white umbrella is so good! Reminds me of our kitchen floor
- Gold Tea Cart is on sale too, we have one we use outside and I love it
Other Favorites from the week-
- All time favorite TEE with cute pocket is on sale for $5! I have the gray and white. ordered it in green and mustard. (I typically where a small, but sized up to a medium and fits perfect). Find HERE
- Easter is this weekend! We found THIS one piece jumper for Ella and THIS plaid dress for Lola. Finn got THIS button up.
- A play-set was something I wanted to surprise the kids with for Easter, I just didn’t think if it soon enough. I plan on printing out a photo of one I ordered and hiding it in an egg. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, because I had my mind set on THIS. But worry about the wood??
- Cupcakes are always on the to-do list when my sister is in town. The girls made THESE for Easter.
Favorite Nester Share! (something I inspired you to do)
- Nester @erickalaurenluvs over on my Facebook Group shared her gorgeous bedroom changes (below)! I saw THIS chunky throw this week and then noticed it on her bed! She said that she loves it. She shared her photo to the group because she did my little wreath idea- grouping a bunch of ribbon, like I shared on THIS blog post. She also did the Magic Light Trick with those sconces!
- Another Nester share was from @alovelybean) who went out and bought THIS lumbar pillow after I shared it on my Instagram Stories while I was shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond. Really I wouldn’t call it shopping, I was moving their pillow around and making their beds look way better (just a personal opinion). Love how she made her bed and also that pillow is so good for the price!! (online it looks green, but it is more gray, like the photo below).
Below are some Easter Blog Posts-