You know that question- “If you could go to dinner with ANYONE alive who would it be?”
Before I give my answer. I want you to stop and think what would you say?
I feel like my answer changes depending on the month. But right now it is for sure Joanna Gains. She is pretty inspiring. I love her perspective, value she puts on family and also her passion for design.
That leads me to why I popped into Target. To see Joanna and Chip Gaines new Harth and Hand Collection! Obviously. I am sure glad we did! I honestly loved a lot of the new collection. I thought I had seen all of it on everyones Instagram Stories. Apparently not. I found some pieces I had not seen yet. Really it is so fun to see that 10 people could look at 50 things and all pick something different!
Below are the things I LOVED from the new Hearth and Hand collection at Target-
- Tea Kettle- I actually almost burned down the house the other night. I turned on our copper tea kettle to heat up some water for tea. I went and sat in our bedroom and totally forgot about it! Until I smelt the burning! I rushed into the kitchen and sparks were going off and the spout had burnt off. I walked in at just the right moment. SCARY! Needless to say I needed a new tea kettle. Seriously THIS one is just perfect (comes with that wood rest to set it on after you heat up your water).
- Not from Target but THOSE initial mugs above are the best gifts! I gave them to my girls teachers last year with a gift card inside and they both loved them.
- Large Green Vase- I moved some things around our house the other day…pillows and the green poufs in our front room went to our family room upstairs. Before I went to Target I thought to myself to look for large green glass vase for a spot! THIS large green vase is the perfect shade of green- darker than any glass jar I have seen and the price can not be beat for a jar this size!
- Gold Framed Music Art- Some things just fly into your cart! I thought this was worth the price for the Frame alone! You can see it HERE.
- Nutcracker– I really like that this was a natural color- simple and easy to mix anywhere. Although Lola thinks she needs to paint it! Find it HERE.
- Salad Plates- New salad plates are something I really need. We have some nice plates but they are getting low after some breakage! I had bought some from Ikea a year ago and they chip and crack so easy! I was really impressed with THESE from the new collection. I might order some, trying to decide on a color!
- Pillows– I really like THESE plaid pillows. Although they are only 18″ and I don’t remember them having a zipper- they have just a poly fill and I prefer a down fill. If you are looking for plaid pillows I would get THESE instead!
- I had a question from one of my email subscribers for “Ask a Designer Series”. She wanted to know what to put on the center of her table. Isn’t her dining space amazing? Well I personally love a more hygee look. Have you heard that term? The inspiration pic shows it perfectly in my opinion. To me hygee is a casual look, using things you use daily! I read this description of hygee on Country Living- “If you want to be truly hygge, just remember to appreciate the simple things that bring joy to your life.” To apply that to decor- decorate with what you love in a casual way- not so “staged”. Meanig don’t try so hard! Cut some branches from your yard put them in a vase, add a candle and a bowl of fruit! Done!
- Looking for the perfect fruit bowl to create hygee? I found it! THIS Cutout Bowl. Filled with oranges for Christmas? Because don’t oranges just say Christmas? And green apples in the summer?
- THIS shirt! I LOVE the fringe. It is on sale AND you can double up on the sale with code CHEERS! Get your Thanksgiving outfit or Christmas. I still haven’t taken Holiday pictures yet… so I need to get things ordered!
- I shared a picture of our bedroom last week HERE and I got a lot of questions about the hanging light. Some of you noticed I have moved it all over the house. Really it has been in three spots. I found it at Target last year. Then searched for it and found it online on CLEARANCE! Find it HERE (it comes with a plug).
- You can also turn any pendant light into a plug-in one (as long as it doesn’t have a cap)! Find the post I talked about how easy it is to do it HERE.
- We are having some Lego issues! Finn (our 19 month old) likes to go upstairs and open the little door and go into the tiny space we put Ella’s Legos. The reason we moved them into a separate space was because of Finn! But the small space isn’t the best for Lego building. So we are going to have shelves built and make Ella a little mini Lego “room” aka Lego Closet. Can’t wait to do this for her and to share it! It is a deep closet so we can do like 4 deep shelves and one will be like a desk. I am thinking of doing a pendant light in the space, I love THIS one. Love the inspiration pic below.
I hope you have a great weekend! Let me know if you have seen or bought anything from the Target Hearth and Hand Collection! I will be back next week for “Ask a Designer Series“, sharing a yummy cookie recipe and ideas for entertaining in a small space for the Holidays!