I wallpapered our hall closet a couple weeks ago. It makes me happy whenever I open those little doors. I actually started wallpapering at 4:00 am one morning…before an early flight. I just wanted to get one more thing done. Did I finish? No. Typical “time optimist”. Eventually I got it done. Here it is…
So you can understand what closet I am referring too…this is our hall closet. We added it with our recent remodel. PS- door closer details are on this post along with our paint colors.
It was my birthday last week, January 9th. I got to do some of my favorite things- workout, get my hair blown out, nails done (with my girls) and dinner at home with friends. We played our family’s new favorite game- Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. It was a great day.
My friend gave me this gorgeous planter from Terrain. I immediately knew I wanted it on our kitchen table. It has a fern in the mix….I have only had a fern one other time and killed it pretty quickly. So I did some research, as any good plant mom does. Ferns like more water than most plants and like to be misted!
Other Favorite Things from the week-
- Just watched the Queens Gambit. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it. I don’t like too dark or heavy or sad shows. It seemed like it was going to be sad. But it wasn’t. It was a story of triumph. Rising above your circumstances. A story of finding a family unit. And a reminder that family support goes beyond a traditional “family”. We can BE a mother figure or a father figure to anyone and we can have all different types of mothers and fathers in our life. I loved the last episode the most and cried the most at the outpouring of support for the main character. Made me stop to think how I show up for others and myself. Have you watched it?
- What pillow do you sleep with? Do you love it?? We love ours! Kevin and Ella love the Cooling Memory Foam Pillow (both of them sleep on their backs or sides). Lola and I love the Avocado Organic Pillow (I sleep on my stomach and Lola sleeps on her back).
- Do you use a Silk Pillowcase? I gave one of these to my mother-in-law for her birthday then asked for one for my birthday! I LOVE it!!!! “Fiona Stewart was prescribed acne medication that resulted in extremely sensitive skin and thinning hair. Her dermatologist suggested that she sleep on a silk pillowcase. Unable to find one, Stewart sourced the best silk she could find and wrapped it around her pillow – the improvements to the health and radiance of both her hair and skin were so dramatic, she never looked back.”
- I still drink Crio Bru, not everyday….mostly when I want a treat or hot cocoa. I have been frothing some Nut Pod Vanilla Creamer with a little protein powder then putting that on top of my Crio Bru! So good. Love this mini frother, and here is my French press. (I am considering this automatic frother).
Most Popular Things from 2020-
- Cordless Diffuser– shocked this is #1! All my oil loving friends love this cordless diffuser.
- Flameless Candles– not surprised try the battery operated candles for all those who have ditched candles!
- Always Pan– I gave this pan to my sisters, mom, grandma and mother-in-law for Christmas. They all love it! We love it for steaming veggies and sautéing.
- Bamboo Shades (also find here and here) we have these on all our windows! Affordable and cute!
- Bracelets– you can have them custom made with a name, I have one with each of my kids names. Bonus you can drop essential oils onto the beads as a perfume!
- Remi Printed Rug– this used to be in our front room, then I gave it to a friend! (see them in both spots here) Now I am considering it for under our bed…
- Green Rug- we currently have this in our front room! Love the colors.
- Lights for Magic Light Trick– must-have lights when you do the magic light trick!
- Sunglasses- I have these in two colors and get asked about them whenever I wear them!
- Pebble Ice Maker– this was an anniversary gift, BEST GIFT EVER!!!! If you love ice, you will love this.
- Swivel Brynn Armchair– we have two of these in our family room upstairs, very comfy! Happy with this purchase!
Most Asked for sources from the week-
Aria Diffuser– I get asked about this daily. My favorite diffuser. Word is there is a new white base version coming out. This diffuser covers the most square footage (400!) works so well. It is out of stock right now. Coming back soon! You can text me and be the first to know when it comes back! Text the word ARIA to 801-821-2344.
Plants– where I get my plants?? Honestly majority of them are from Home Depot! A couple are from Terrain…like the tall snake plant in our kitchen. And maybe two are from Etsy. I like to recommend local nurseries, but there aren’t a lot by me.
Rainbow Resin Stacking Ring Set– I bought these over Christmas standing at the cash register. They get you with those last minute buys! I combined them with some of my gold rings.
Turtle Neck– I have had this sweater for about 6 months, it is finally online! I love it!! The reviews are odd….but I am way happy with it and get asked about it every time I wear it.
Sherpa Stool– I shared this stool on instagram when I did mini makeovers in stories. Lots asked where to find it!
Air Track– we gave Lola this for Christmas. She has played on it everyday since. If you have a child who likes gymnastics, they will love it. We also like that we can put it in the pool come summertime! Giant float.
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza– we got this for Christmas, and everyone loved playing it!!! Must-have game.
Four Tendencies Quiz– this is a great way to understand yourself better and your loved ones. I am a questioner, so is Kevin. I want to know why something was done or thoughts behind something before I judge. And Kevin knows the questions are going to come…..
Grow Light– lots asked about this lightbulb! It kept our plants alive in our dark basement for over a month. Great if you have a dark bathroom or room you want to add a plant to. Just put this lightbulb by it.
Arched Floor Lamp- we have had this floor lamp for awhile. But whenever I show our front room I get asked where it came from! I like that it is really heavy duty, doesn’t tip over.
Sofa– our sofa is a favorite thing. Happy that the cover can come off to toss in the washer! TIP- don’t dry slipcovers. Put them on wet and they will dry pretty fast and not shrink. The FARLOV Sofa from IKEA is a really similar look!
That’s all! Have a great weekend!