I finally put all the paint colors in our Utah Home in one place! And I compiled my favorite paint from past projects at the end of this post. First let’s chat chat about paint sheen. For ceiling sheen, I prefer flat. For trim and door sheen, I prefer semi-gloss. Lastly, for wall sheen, I prefer eggshell. In our current home we used A LOT of Farrow & Ball paint colors. I LOVE Farrow & Ball colors, and their actual paint is high-end and gorgeous. That being said, we hired a painter to paint our home and our cabinet designer painted our cabinets. I gave them the names and actual paint samples I bought from Farrow & Ball. Some purchased Farrow & Ball Paint and some were color matched. Matching paint colors will NOT be exact. That being said, I am completely happy with all the colors in our home!
Most places paint is sold, have the paint formulas for other paint brands in their system. You just walk up to the counter and say “do you have the paint formula for x?” or you order a paint chip or sample and bring it with you to color match. Personally, I have been able to get the color formula I want anywhere I buy paint. But again, it won’t be exactly like the original. I recommend ordering paint samples or paint chips before you buy or pick a paint. Lighting in your home can make paint look very different from home to home.
Favorite Paint Supplies-
- Wooster Paint Brush– angled paint brush we always use, allows you to cut in without using tape.
- Paint Sprayer– this has two paint tips and two stain tips, also has a paint bag for easy clean out.
- Smooth Roller– we use this roller cover the most for a smooth, lint free finish.
- Extendable Roller– this extendable roller makes it really easy to paint ceilings and hard to reach areas.
- Light Switch Cover (paintable)– paint this light switch cover the same color as your walls to blend right in!
- Plug Cover (paintable)–same idea as the light switch cover, no more large white square sticking out on a dark wall.
- Reusable Paint Drop Cloth– you can get plastic drop cloths, if you are doing a lot of painting these are nice to have!
- Paint Deck– did you know you can order paint decks online or go into a paint store to get one? Picking paint colors just got a lot easier! (In the store I have paid $10 for a paint deck).